Monday, January 26, 2009

tight person of the day: jackie mittoo



Basically, one of the main reasons I'm really sad I quit my piano lessons is because I can't just start jamming on an organ somewhere. I know you are probably thinking: Why don't you just go learn? Well, as long as my computer works and I have the internets I probably won't do anything productive with my life. Instead, I have to turn to great keyboard talents to keep my urges satisfied.

Therefore, I want to introduce you to Jackie Mittoo today. Jackie was from Jamaica and a really great keyboard/organ player. He was a member of The Skatalites, a super tight group. Jackie was also a songwriter and wrote "I'm Still in Love With You" by Alton Ellis. Coming full circle! This song I'm sharing today is just pure relaxation. Believe it or not, summer is just around the corner. I mean, January is almost ovah! I simply cannot wait to sit outside with my medicine and listen to this. I want you all over for a barbecue - vegetarians included, of course!

In the next few dreary cold days, let Jackie take you away.

Jackie Mittoo - King Girls

No comments: