Monday, February 13, 2012

you dropped a bomb on me - the gap band


I'm here to spread the word. I'm officially obsessed with this song. I've been playing it at least ten times an hour. If you do the math, you will realize that is many minutes dedicated to the electrofunk groove of The Gap Band. I simply can't with these guys. I have so many karaoke dreams attached to this song that it's not even funny.

First of all, there is a AN ACTUAL BOMB SOUND on the record. Like, a bomb is descending throughout. If you couldn't figure out what they are actually saying, even though they articulate well, the bomb sound says it all.

Secondly, I am a six year old at heart and always die laughing thinking about these guys really singing about farts. Sorry. I have to be honest. It's my blog and I'll cry if I want to (from a terrible fart).

I know TONS of teams use this during sporting events. It's a great song to play when scoring a goal, touchdown, basket, etc. I am currently in boot camp to become a professional NFL kicker just so I can use this song. I don't care what team I'm on or where I will have to move. All that matters now is becoming a super famous football player and having this be my sig song. Suck on that, America!

No comments: