Friday, August 21, 2009

Hold That Guitar Real Awkward Like

I was getting my treadmill on in the gym the other day when I realized why I love music videos from the 1980s: Awkward instrument playing. Videos during this decade rarely got more complex than putting the band in a room and getting them to play as if each musician is bound against their will.

Case Study #1


Case Study #2



Case Study #3


Let's be real, that last video deserves its own post. It starts out like a Benetton ad, then gets real awkward. That bro that just stands in the background and snaps is my favorite thing ever. I would hire him to stand behind me and dance while I complete my daily tasks, such as making sandwiches or licking stamps.

I'm looking for more awkward instrument playing videos. Perhaps a follow-up post is in order.

This post brought you by the member of the Go-Go's that should be played by Kristen Wiig at all times:

No comments: