Tuesday, April 7, 2009

tight person of the day: velma perkins



Oh, tight. I've found who I am coming back as in my next life. Frrl. Now this lady here is a sweet soul lady. When I listen to Velma, it's usually when I have a pint of ice cream and a box of tissues. Then I channel surf to see if You've Got Mail is on. You know how I do!

I don't know much about Velma, besides the fact that she rules my face. I have a few Velma songs from my amazing purchase of Twinight's Lunar Rotation from the Eccentric Soul series that was released by the Numero Group aka People Who Know What They Are Doing. They do a really good job with these. This one is especially comprehensive and features great tunes from the Chicago area Twinight label. This is also where I discovered Renaldo Domino. I'm sharing one of the songs today just to get you pumped. Seriously, as soon as this starts, aren't you mesmerized? If you know more about Velma and can shed some light on this beautiful lady, please let me know.

This is a serious slow dance song. I really want to dance to this on the street like that one part in The Notebook. Sike. But by now you probably know I'm only half kidding about that.

Velma Perkins - I'll Always Love You

No comments: