Saturday, August 23, 2008

tight person of the day: renaldo domino



Oh, boy. That guy crooning above is the super tight Renaldo Domino. First of all, how baller is that name? Secondly, I can't get over the purple suit OR the gold tinfoil curtain. I swear to gawd. I'm obsessed with this album. It's part of a series of albums put out by the Numero Group label, which showcase and re-release old and tight soul. This particular album is mainly made up of music from the old Twinight label. As you can see, it's #13 in the series and known as Twinight's Lunar Rotation. It's one of my life goals to collect all the Numero Group albums. I have about four. CHRISTMAS IDEA FOR ANNIE!!

Renaldo is featured on this album, and it took me a bit to figure out it was him being a huge badass on the cover. How tight? According to legend, he was renamed "Domino" because his voice was as sweet as Domino sugar. Well, I love everything about that story. He is soulful and funky, and sings in a super tight falsetto voice that makes all the ladies weak at the knees! However, I had a lot of trouble finding other information about RD on the interweb, so I guess you will just have to sit back and enjoy the music for what it's worth.

Renaldo Domino - Not Too Cool To Cry

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tight he is. He's performing tomorrow night here in Chicago at our Eccentric Soul Review and he hasn't lost a drop of sweetness. I'll show him your post.

Cheers,

Minister T
Minister of Culture
The Numero Group