Saturday, February 14, 2009

happy valentine's day, y'allz



Happy Valentine's Day, puppets! First things first: who can make a pizza like that for me? I would shit twice and die! Next, last night I chose to celebrate Friday the 13th with a ton of Mama's medicine. Look, I know I talk about wine a lot but really I don't drink THAT much. But I should still probably change the name of this blog to "Is This 100 Proof?" and get it over with since it seems like I have a problem anyway.

Today is a day for love and friendship and happiness or MISERY IF YOU ARE SINGLE. I'm going to appreciate this day, though. It actually got a bit colder in Austin today so I like that. I like that people will open up and be sweet today, even though you really should be like that all the time, amiright? One thing about blogging on Valentine's Day is that I get to think of all my favorite love songs! So that's tight. The thing is, there are literally a million bajillion songs that are about love and romance and even the sadness of love. However, I have chosen a select few today that I just like. These aren't necessarily designed to get you in the mood, unless you want to be in the mood for DANCING AND SINGING AROUND THE ROOM.



No one is really cooler or tighter than Junior Walker. Fact. I have blogged about Junior before. Valentine's Day doesn't have to be about crying into your cornflakes if you don't have a s.o.! It can be about dancing and singing along at the top of your lungs to this great tune. I love this song so much! It's been covered a million different times in many ways, but this is one the best versions to me. I would like to come out as Mr. and Mrs. Joe Jonas at my wedding reception while this song plays. Kidding! I'll let you decide what part I am kidding about.

Junior Walker and the All Stars - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)



Ever heard of this guy? I'm such a jokester. Bob Dylan's 1966 album Blonde on Blonde is one of my favorites of his, and of all time. It's a gigantic double album and it's double the awesome. "I Want You" is fast-paced and yes, it has a bunch of lyrics that are a bit bananas, however the main theme works for Valentine's Day. This song always reminds me of my friend Caroline because we used to listen to it in her car in high school quite a bit. Shout out! This song is also really fantastic if you are trying to perfect your Bob Dylan impression to do at parties.

Bob Dylan - I Want You



I'm going to end with a little Otis. You know how much I love this baller. I feel like no love mix would be complete without Otis on it. Otis equals love!! He will get you in the mood big time. This song is truly beautiful. The lyrics are so sweet and pure. Can you imagine having a song like this written about you? He's going to do anything for you just because he loves you. DANG. Anyway, this song was in a previous post but it's BACK and available for download, so get it while it's hot.

Otis Redding - That's How Strong My Love Is

So this year, my Valentine is music. Maybe one of these songs can double as your special someone. Give and get lots o' kisses today! Love to you all.

No comments: