Friday, July 25, 2008

tight people of the day: junior walker & the all stars



I love this band. They are danceable and fun and soulful, but also marked by the amazing saxophone sounds of Junior Walker, and who doesn't love that? His sound defines these songs. They were big stars on the Motown label, and some of their biggest hits were produced by Berry Gordy. They are probably best known for the song "Shotgun" which makes me want to run around the house, mostly because the beginning really does sound like a gun being fired and I think I'm in Houston or something. I feel like this band is underrated, but maybe more people care about them than I think. Regardless, they are super tight and I encourage some listens.

Jr. Walker and the All Stars - What Does It Take (To Win Your Love)

Jr. Walker and the All Stars - Gotta Hold On To This Feeling

No comments: