Monday, September 8, 2008

i'm obsessed with this TACO



I love tacos. I mean, who doesn't? Fortch for me, I live in a place that has readily available tacos on every corner. Feeling sad? Eat a taco at El Chilito. Want a pick-me-up? Head to El Soy y La Luna. Need a late afternoon snack? Cruise over to the Taco Bell. SIKE. Fooled you.

Anyway, my point today is that I have a new secret love. Well, maybe it's not so secret. I have come to love a certain food item more than any relationship I've ever had, more than any pair of shoes I have ever owned. Dare I say, more than life itself.

Yes, I'm talking about the fried avocado taco at Torchy's.

Fire walk with me, people.

This taco is the best thing I have ever had. I don't know why I waited so long to eat at Torchy's, but once I did, there was no turning back. This taco is stuffed, in a corn or flour tortilla, with fried pieces of 'cado, with pico de gallo, cheese, refried beans, and this delish poblano ranch sauce that makes me literally want to end it all. They come out piping hot and get all over me as I eat. I need a Torchy's bib. But it is so worth it. Please try this asap if you live in Austin so we can talk about it. Click the picture of my own personal heaven to read what some other folks that have brains have said about this amazing item.

Next in my obsession files: my ridiculous craving of Fage yogurt.

3 comments:

lp said...

i am not sure about that photo but i can't wait to try this thing come dec.

cybulski said...

have you tried the fried avocado at hudson's on the bend ACL booth? from what i recall its served in a cone alongside a sliver of fried chicken breast and it shares the addictive traits chemical compounds of crack cocaine.

Tom Eisenbraun said...

sweet holy jesus, Anna. please take me to Torchy's when I come visit?

(How's spring break sound?)