Wednesday, August 27, 2008

two of my favorite things have united

Everyone knows I'm a My Morning Jacket fan. If you don't, where have you been? Also, everyone knows that I secretly wish to be Erykah Badu in a gigantic and huge way. A portrait of Erykah lives in my bedroom with me and makes me feel safe and peaceful. Is that tight? The point is, these are two of my favorite things in life. MMJ and Badu. Well, guess what? Erykah joined the band on stage the other night in Dallas (Dallas!) to play "Tyrone," a song of hers they have definitely covered for a while. I wish I could have been there. It's a badass song to begin with, then add in some guitars and nice dudes, and then throw in Erykah's flowing dress and hair and vocals and spiritual presence and I think I just passed out. Michael Phelps is going to wake up in a cold sweat every morning after he sees this because nothing he has done can top this. Yeah, I said it.

The sound quality on this video is a bit shit, but basically I just want to tinkle when Erykah comes on stage. There a few more shorter vids on YouTube if you want a better sound. Seriously, I had a smile plastered on my face the entire time I watched this. My ears and eyes have bled gold, my friends. I seriously cannot get over this.




edit: I found an alternate video with better sound and a closer Baduview.


3 comments:

Bucho said...

Super Tight.

Sissy Emmons Hobizal said...

unbelievable

Megan Hamilton said...

holy shit? i just got a reference you made the other day.

woah city.