Wednesday, August 27, 2008

tight person of the day: clarence carter



Hold the phone! I really need to discuss those shoes with someone. I double dog dare someone to search Austin vintage stores, find those, wear them, start a round table discussion about it, and report back to me. Maybe throw in an Ed Hardy shirt/hat for good measure. Now to the real baller of the story...

Clarence Carter is a soul singer. I know you are really surprised that I posted about a soul singer. LOLZ. Well, he's super tight. Go fig. I had one Clarence Carter song, from the Almost Famous soundtrack, that I listened to night and day until I realized it was possible to attain more CC. So I did and now I'm a happy lady with a spring in my step.

Here's the thing about Clarence that is awesome: he's blind. He got a music degree from the Alabama State College and then went to town becoming a huge badass. I read that he a got a B.A. but we all know what that really stands for. Amiright? Clarence struggled with success at first, which is a huge shame, but then finally hit the nail on the head in the late sixties with songs like "Slip Away." He definitely dabbled in disco a little bit, which is a smidge tight, but I prefer his soul stuff. He's got a bajillion albums to choose from and is a super easy and great listen. Clarence gets the party started. I know this because I looked at the album cover below. HELLO! Paging Dr. Awesome.



Clarence Carter - She Ain't Gonna Do Right

Clarence Carter - Slip Away

No comments: