Tuesday, August 19, 2008

marvin gaye + national anthem = my dream come true



Question: Does NBC air all the best commercials during the Olympics because they know asses all across the nation are planted on couches waiting for the good stuff?

Answer: Yes. (Hello, I watched gymnastics in Las Vegas! I'm reppin' hard, son!)

Anyway, Chaps has been telling me about this Marvin Gaye commercial for a while. It's really a commercial for Nike and the USA Basketball Team, but it showcases Marv singing the National Anthem at the 1983 NBA All-Star Game. This is probably the best rendition I've ever heard/seen a singer do. I mean, I am a little biased since I loves me some Marvin. I have a little picture of Marvin that I can stare at in the kitchen while I'm at the sink. Off-topic but who cares? Here's the point: this is the most badass thing I have ever seen and I want to thank Nike and NBC for choosing this clip and this man to make my life better. From the sunglasses to the beat in the background to the suit to EVERYTHING. I'm in love.


No comments: