Wednesday, July 16, 2008

tight people of the day: the impressions



The Impressions are from Chicago, and are yet another example of fine soul happening. They are probably most famous for being the original group that Curtis Mayfield belonged to before leaving to fly solo in 1970. I have a serious thing for their album, This Is My Country. They are also tight because they seamlessly blend soul and gospel and other b.a. sounds to make one smooth delicious type of music that I want to butter my toast with. Anyway, I'm including two songs here that are tasty. This whole album is definitely worth checking out, though, mainly because there are so many superb Curtis Mayfield songs. I like his love songs. I mean, you are dead inside if you don't.

The Impressions - I'm Loving Nothing

The Impressions - They Don't Know

No comments: