Monday, April 21, 2008

tight person of the day: billy preston

Photobucket

Billy Preston is commonly known as the Fifth Beatle, but mostly known as the King of My Heart. He is one of my personal heroes for just being a total badass. I love everything about Billy. My dad always loved Billy and talked him up a great deal when I was a kid, and this may have something to do with it. I just think he is amazing. What's super tight about Billy is that he was born in Houston, Texas!! I will hear the sound of his Hammond organ in my dreams forever. He played with Nat King Cole at age 12. HELLO! He was some kind of a prodigy. He was also super good BFFs with George Harrison and that makes my world go round. He played organ and electric piano on Let It Be and Abbey Road and his rendition of "That's The Way God Planned It" from Concert for Bangladesh is the whipped cream on my pie of life. I remember feeling a great deal of sadness when he died. Seriously, this guy is so tight and I want to encourage you all to watch the following video and then perhaps scour the area for some BP music. He will help you on the last wave until summer. He has helped me more than once.


No comments: