Monday, September 13, 2010

gram and emmylou



Confession time: I long to do a duet of this song at karaoke. Of course, I can't sing like Emmylou Harris. DUH.COM/IJUSTYELLINTHEMIC. But the point is, I really love this song. I want to share the pure joy of this song with someone on stage. It might never happen, but I can dream and blog and dream.



Emmylou Harris met Gram Parsons in 1972 and they recorded a bit in California together. Their relationship seems somewhat of a mystery. He was married at the time, but how close were they? Whatever the true answer, it only adds to the intensity of the song for me. Great sunset driving song. Their voices fit together perfectly. This song appears on Gram's album Grevious Angel, which was released after his death. ALSO A TOTALLY AMAZING ALBUM.

I am uploading this song today because I really want you to download it and listen to it over and over. I just did while eating a bowl of strawberries with Nutella and staring out the window.

Gram Parsons and Emmylou Harris - Hearts on Fire


1 comment:

Daddy-O said...

Great song and a great album. Highly recommended to all.