Tuesday, December 22, 2009

christmas series #9: the temptations



One thing I need to discuss right off the bat is that this reindeer is named Rudolph! This cracks me up for some reason. I mean, that's like a total gramps name. No one questions it though, which I also appreciate. Luv that ninth reindeer.

Growing up, we used to sing "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" at the top of our lungs. Kids still do it today in my classroom, which is comforting. The classic version is super tight, of course. But this soul version by the Temptations is even better than you could've imagined.

Of course, we all know the Temptations were one of the hottest acts on the Motown label. We've all been to a wedding (or several) in our lives where at least one Temptations song has been played. But I relish that. I love everything about the Temptations. The harmonies, the suits, the sweet quick feet moves. Their super sleek style is so fun to watch and makes me long to be in the audience at one of their shows.

Enjoy the Temptations take on this classic Christmas song. I love it so much. The sweet song-talking at the end and then the classic soul starts. Feel free to sing along.


Love this baller.

The Temptations - Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

No comments: