Wednesday, July 22, 2009

tight person of the day: r.b. greaves



COME HITHER EYES, Y'ALL.

I have always loved the song "Take A Letter Maria" but I didn't really know much about the man behind the song. I decided to read up about R.B. Greaves a little bit, and he's pretty fascinating. And obviously way tight.

Here's some crazy stuff about R.B. (REAL BALLER)

1. He grew up on a Seminole reservation.
2. He is a nephew of Sam Cooke.
3. He was born in Guyana. (Now I can't stop thinking about Jonestown, jeez.)
4. He lived in England for a while, where he was the lead singer of a group called Sonny Childe and the TNTs. How tight?

Anyway, his biggest hit was released in 1969. Although the story in the song is a bit sad, I love the horns! It's like, a mariachi/soul dance party. You really can't beat that.

R.B. Greaves - Take A Letter Maria

No comments: