Saturday, January 3, 2009

200FINE in full effect, y'all!



I hope 2009 is going your way so far. I know the first few minutes of mine were pretty spectac. I was sweating my ass off dancing to "Get Down on It" and that really can't be topped. You know how I do! Yes, I'm referring to the concert of a lifetime at Madison Square Garden. My Morning Jacket totally destroyed the place and my face. They also left an imprint on my heart. Watching all those balloons drop on a crowd that CHOSE to spend that night with the band was so amazing. Also, that picture was taken without zoom. I WAS REALLY THAT CLOSE.

I will miss New York and hanging with all those sweet friends, new and old. I will not miss the snow and losing circulation in my toes just walking to the subway stop. But alas! It was wonderful. As Shelby would say in Steel Magnolias, "I would rather have a few minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of nothing special." Are you gagging yet?

I will be back in full effect soon with Tight People of the Day and all that jazz. I have some new music I'm excited to share with you all in this great year but I seriously needed some sleepy times today. Here are a few things I would like to accomplish this year:

1. Keep blogging and being amazed at how many people actually read this.
2. Record an album completely in Spanish.
3. Listen to soul music. (This shouldn't be hard.)
4. Rent an RV and drive somewhere in it with friends (serious dream come true).
5. Let go and let God.

And we're off into 200FINE. Keep it tight.

No comments: