Monday, December 1, 2008

it's december!

It's beginning to look a lot like winter blogging! The month of the most special and wonderful day of the year is upon us. Soon, it'll be the birthday of J.H.C! But until then, we have this whole month to celebrate with lights, Cadbury Ornament Creme eggs, hot chocolate, mistletoe, and COLD WEATHER. I love December. I love Christmas. Always have, always will. I have been waiting for this moment since I started this blog. Look, haters to the left.

It's December 1 and I have already put up our tree and front door wreath. I will soon have the front of the house done, with Bucho's help. Say what?! It's going to be so tight. Please drive by and check it out. Also, I'm super proud of my Obama ornament.

Here are some things I absolutely love about December. You probably shouldn't read this if you are a nasty old Scrooge. I heard that every time someone hates on Christmas, a puppy goes blind. Top that!

1. Christmas Candy



Wait a minute, did that creme egg just give birth? That actually looks completely unappetizing, but I promise you this a good candy. I love Christmas candy because it's really just regular candy with an excuse to use red foil wrappers and Santa candy shapes. Holla! Cadbury Ornament Creme Eggs are clearly just regular Cadbury eggs that they sell at Easter. But who knows the difference when delicious chocolate is melting in your mouth? The fake egg yolk gets me every time. So tight.

2. Max, the Grinch's Ridiculous Dog



Look at this baller. I can't even stand it. The Grinch is such a jerk at the beginning of the movie, and Max is all like,"Why so serious, Grinch?" and then he dresses up like a nurse and blows up a hospital! That's right, right? Anywayz, he is cute as hell and I want to take him home. Fortch, the Grinch grows a pair and appreciates this little guy for what he is by the end of the movie. SPOILER ALERT.

3. LIGHTS



Give me a break. Christmas lights make people feel good. Bottom line. Look at my house last year. That is amazing. I don't have a front yard this year so I can't do the candy cane lined driveway thing, but no matter. I will still go all out. I also love how people turn into semi-professional photographers no matter who they are when twinkly lights are around. Just watch - everyone has a camera out. I'm not hatin' because I do the same exact thing. LOL city.

4. Everyone Feeling the Glow



Look how happy Chaps and I are. We were just opening our first present of the season. This is Christmas 2006, which is nuts. Was it all so simple then? Or has time rewritten every line? GOTCHA with a The Way We Were ref. Back on topic, why does it look like it's 1964 in our house? Either way, I love the expressions on our faces. Delight! It's so genuine. That's why you should let yourself be a kid at Christmas. It just feels good dammit.

5. This Corn Thing



I don't understand why this wood structure exists. The Trail of Lights had this in 2006 and I need to know why. I mean, corn is a popular side dish for most holiday meals. But other than that, I'm stumped. Jesus H, did someone put out a massive cigarette on it, too? Dang. I don't know if it's worse that my hairstyle really hasn't changed that much in two years OR that we are wearing shorts because it was 74ยบ outside.

Please enjoy the month of December. I will be posting Christmas music for all to enjoy, aka the five people that read this blog, including my parents. Tis the season to be jolly!

No comments: