Sunday, December 14, 2008

hall & oates - sara smile




I am so obsessed with this song. I won't beat around the bush - I have a thing for Hall & Oates. This song is so simple and soulful. This needs to be played at every backyard gathering or just while I pour cereal. I love it that much.

This song is from the 1975 album Daryl Hall and John Oates. Simple title, y'allz. Look at their crazy make-up. I'm jealous of that cheek rouge. Someone was taking care of them that day. Look, the bottom line is this: this band has been a part of some of my favorite dance party memories. Thinking about a group dance circle jamming to "Maneater" puts a smile on my face instantly. Ain't nothing better.

Apparently, Daryl Hall wrote the song for his gf at the time. Her name was Sara. Le duh. Anywayz, I read the two were a couple for 28 years, but they never tied the knot and they actually broke up in 2001! Say it ain't so! I can't imagine having a song written about me period, much less a totally tight slow jam like this one.

Hall & Oates - Sara Smile

No comments: