Monday, December 15, 2008

christmas series #2: stevie wonder



Nothing like a little Stevie Wonder to get you ready for egg nog and sweaters! Welcome to the second of the Christmas series. Sometimes Christmas music gets me real emotional and I have to take a private moment. I start thinking about the birth of Jesus H. and I get all watery-eyed and stuff. Sike! But still, the songs can get touching. Like, the ones about war heroes returning for the holidays and junk. Whatever, I want to dance! Let's make Christmas one big party, y'allz.

As you know by now, Stevie Wonder is a supreme badass. Did you know his birth name is Stevland? That is true. I couldn't make that up. I'm so pissed! I'm changing my name to Annland. Everyone get on board! Stevie is blind and plays like a billion instruments better than you or I ever will and is also an amazing songwriter. I'm getting more pissed by the second. Anyway, he penned this great song as a tribute to my favorite holiday, so I hope you enjoy.
What Christmas means to me is everyone getting real super pissed at one another, then someone slamming a door, then eating cold leftovers while struggling to stay awake as football blares in the background.

Also, I want to give a big shout-out to reader Alicia. She and hubby Adam just had a bouncing baby boy! Unfortch, they did NOT name him Tight, but I can deal. Congrats to you guys. It seems like only yesterday I sat sweating my ass off at your wedding. Touching.

Stevie Wonder - What Christmas Means To Me

No comments: