Tuesday, October 28, 2008

tight person of the day: thelma houston



Oh my G! I like to indulge in a little disco from time to time. I think everyone should admit to this. Disco can make you feel good! I mean, get real! We don't have to be wrist-cutting all the time. Let's put on some shiny shirts and platforms with fish in the heel and get down to biz.

Thelma Houston is a queen of disco. She is also what I would like to come back as in my next lifetime. Hello! Talk about gorg. Thelma was a Motown recording artist just doing her thang when she recorded her career defining song. "Don't Leave Me This Way" was a #1 hit sensation in 1977 aka the year of the extreme disco. You know coke lines all over America were being done as this song played in the background. Doesn't it just smell like Studio 54? Thelma also won a Grammy for this song. What an enormous baller. I love this song and I love Thelma but I also feel a little bit bad for her. I mean, how do you top such a gigantic hit like this? I guess you can't, so Thelma is still recording albums and making music. I hope you put this on a party sometime and shock everyone. Disco forever!

Thelma Houston - Don't Leave Me This Way

No comments: