Monday, October 13, 2008

tight person of the day: merry clayton



I love when I can find a tight woman for Tight Person of the Day! Especially one with soul and amazing hair and PIPES! Also, how great is it to be named Merry? I wish my name was Merry. Maybe I will legally change it to officially confirm my love for Christmas. I hope that isn't too over the top because it's about to happen in 2k9. Frrl!

Merry is tight because you have probably heard her voice before and just didn't know it. She sings the duet with Mick Jagger on "Gimme Shelter." What a baller! Increasing her awesomeness to the nth degree, Merry was born on Christmas Day in 1948. Jesus sang! She has performed or recorded with some huge no-name hacks like Elvis Presley, Billy Preston, and Ray Charles. Who are those jokers!? Kidding! Basically, Merry's vocals on "Gimme Shelter" from the 1969 Rolling Stones album Let It Bleed are some of the best. She is about to pop a lung. Day-um. So tight. Merry has had a pretty awesome career, and the perfect career in my opinion. I always wanted to be in the background, though. Too bad I have some things working against me, like my lack of singing ability. Here's Merry singing "Gimme Shelter" all on her own and bringing down the blog.

Merry Clayton - Gimme Shelter

No comments: