Sunday, October 5, 2008

tight people of the day: grateful dead (american beauty era)



Recently, I watched the entire series of Freaks and Geeks. All eighteen eps. This is a great show. Throughout the show, music plays a big role. One of the biggest albums, and an album that has a huge role in the series finale, is American Beauty.

We all know the Grateful Dead hail from San Fran and are probably most well known by Jerry Garcia. Some of Jerry's steel work on songs like CSNY's "Teach Your Children" make my heart sing. I've never been a huge Dead fan. Rather, I just never had much to go by. Well, American Beauty is one of the best albums I have ever heard. This is frrl. You cannot even believe how much I love the song "Ripple." I think it might be in the running for my #2 favorite song of all time. That's tight! Released in 1970, this was their fifth studio album and probably has some of their best known songs on it. They sure got it right with this one.

1 comment:

Megan Hamilton said...

this is so weird. i just started watching freaks and geeks this weekend and i'm HOOKED.