Tuesday, September 30, 2008

tight person of the day: willie hutch



I almost forgot about this song until it came on my iPod while I folded laundry. Thank G for iPods! You have no idea how badly I want to be a back-up singer in this song. I mean, I have dreams of being a back-up singer for any soul singer period. But being featured on this song would be super tight!

Willie Hutch was raised in Dallas (RUH ROH) and got out of there fast to become a marvelous singer and musician. He was super funky but also soulful and tender. Willie was a big part of Motown in the seventies, which automatically gives you extreme baller status. He produced several hits and even wrote "I'll Be There" made famous by the Jackson 5. Sometime when we are having some medicine together, ask me to do the J-5 dance for you. I might oblige.

Willie passed pretty recently, in 2005. But I know he's in the great gig in the sky partying and making more soul for me to listen to when I get there (HOPEFULLY). This song is tight because the beginning is so weird and beautiful. I mean, what is up with that sweet flute? And the song talking! My favorite thing. I demand every song feature song talking. Nothing is better. Except spaghetti and meatball cupcakes.

Willie Hutch - Brother's Gonna Work It Out

No comments: