Wednesday, September 17, 2008

tight person of the day: william devaughn



One word: Baller. Two words: Gangsta lean. I don't even know what to say about this dude and this song except that its pure delight and awesomeness has found its way to my soul. Listening to this tune makes me feel like I do when I eat straight from a bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips in my pjs: happy. I listen to this song constantly as it is perfect for complete relaxation. I feel like people should meditate to this song. You know how they say to completely meditate you have to turn off your cell phone and music and outside sources? Screw that! I say put this on, right in your ear-hole, and see how meditation really works.

I never thought I would say this, but I first heard this song because of Ludacris and that makes me want to throw up a little. But also shake his hand. He sampled this song in his song "Diamond in the Back" but obvi the original is far superior. Basically, William was designing sewers (hello!) when he paid $900 of his own money to record this song in a studio. Are you kidding me? Well, someone with a working brain heard it and released it officially. And guess what? It sold like two mill copies. I mean, DOY! William's sound reminds me a lot of Curtis Mayfield, so I hate it. SIKE! I love Curtis like a grandfather so of course I love William.

I think I'm going to start answering people when they ask how I am with, "I'm just diggin' the scene with a gangsta lean." Is that tight?


William DeVaughn - Be Thankful For What You Got

No comments: