Wednesday, September 24, 2008

tight person of the day: syl johnson



Sometimes Google image searches make my life complete. I love this photo of Syl Johnson. Yeah, he's practically a baby in it, but who cares? It's so tight. So I'm not going to show you another one. Syl is one of the tighest humans alive. He is a blues and soul singer that really pours it into a song. When I listen to him sing, I am inspired to start volunteer work to clean up the streetz. I mean, I usually tend to just listen to the next song on the playlist and continue sitting at my computer. But if I ever want to really get serious about not filling my free time with soul music and the internet, I will listen to Syl Johnson to get me going.

Syl has had a long and awesome career, one of the highlights being recording for Twinight records, which hosts some of the best music I've ever heard in my life. He also owns a fish restaurant! No joke. This guy rules. I hope you take this opportunity to look into Syl a little more and listen to the way he really cries on his records. This song was recorded in 1970, during Syl's period of singing quite a bit about social issues. Bottom line: it's a classic.

Syl Johnson - Concrete Reservation

No comments: