Wednesday, September 3, 2008

tight person of the day: solomon burke



Solomon Burke has a knack for making me cry. I mean, this song I am sharing with you today is amazing. I want to film a dancing scene to a romantic comedy in some New York loft apartment to this song. I think you know what I mean.

Anywayz, Solomon is really tight. For one thing, he's one rare Tight Person of the Day that you could potentially still go see perform live. Another thing, he performs from a giant throne chair. Um, whoa. You can't make this stuff up. Solomon has recorded some really popular and well-known songs as well as dabbling in acting. And, hello, he has fourteen children and 90 grandchildren. I need to be revived. Just thinking about Christmas at the Burke house makes me nauseous. He must go to a High School Musical-themed birthday party every single day! He is still performing all the time though, even most recently at Bonnaroo this past summer. What a baller!

This song is so beautiful. How perfect would this be at a wedding? Or just played in my room while I drink my nightly medicine and have a good cry, nahmean? At any rate, I give this song my vote because he is singing two inches from the microphone. And FEELING it. Just like any good soul singer should.

Solomon Burke - What Am I Living For?

No comments: