Friday, September 19, 2008

tight person of the day: the old lady from defending your life

I have a movie in my top ten and it's called Defending Your Life. It's written and directed by Albert Brooks. Many people have never even heard of this movie, but I love it. I have forced many friends to watch it. Put it on your Netflix queue! Do it for me. I will thank you in happy thoughts while I drink my 32 ounces of coffee a day. Anyway, in the movie, there is an old lady that absolutely steals this scene. When Chaps and I lived together, we had many good LOLs over this lady. She emailed me this clip today and it made me really happy so I wanted to post it here to share with you.

AIDS?! (That will make sense in a minute.)

I did a little research and this baller old lady is named Maxine Elliott Hicks. She was born in 1904! She passed on the great gig in the sky in the year 2000, but I want to pour out a major one for this lady. When you are making movies in 1924 and then playing bit parts in movies until you die and just are generally tight, I have to hand it to you. TGIF!


No comments: