Monday, September 1, 2008

tight person of the day: bo diddley



Bo Diddley is a huge baller, and went up to the rectangular guitar store in the sky just this June. So I want to honor him by bragging on him and sharing a song I like. Bo Diddley is one big ball of blues, rock and roll, and tightness. He was a freakishly good guitar player and songwriter. Pictures of Bo Diddley bring a smile to my face every time.

The tightest thing ever is that rectangular guitar. Who does that? Only a baller, that's who. That is some crazy stuff right there. You almost think your eyes are playing tricks on you when you look at that photo, which is easy to think when you have been drinking since eight a.m. Kidding! Did you know he came up with the rectangle idea when he landed on his guitar (which had a typical shape) and hit himself in the no-no place? Ouchers.

Bo had his first hit in 1954, which is insane. Just think how long he was in the bidness after that. Basically, any time I hear a Bo Diddley song I want to start singing at the top of my lungs, which might irritate others. So I'm going to let us share this moment together through song, but in our separate homes. Long live the Bo Diddley beat!

Bo Diddley - I Am Looking For A Woman

No comments: