Tuesday, September 23, 2008

made in china

I'm all about buying generic or even off-brand bad, but dang! Some of these items are just pure rip-offs. These are actual items that are sold on the streets in China. Of course, some of these are meant to resemble other products. Some are also made of pure fail. We have eyeballs, China! I can tell that you changed one of the letters in the product name.

Oh well, at least I can get some laughs out of it. Narrowly escaping copyright laws is so tight! And I'll know what I'm getting into when I pick up a bottle of Ozarga water in China.



This cracks me up because I'm the anxious, paranoid person in the store that can't wait to leave because of the all the crying children I could potentially take out with my basket because they are in my way. LONG SENTENCE ALERT. In that stressful sitch, I would be the one to just grab the blue and white bottle off the shelf thinking it was Head and Shoulders. Shock of the century when you get home! Tight name, though.



Kentucky Long Grand? Kentucky Lightning Goober? Kentucky Loves Grandmas? I could go on all day. Um, second of all, what the f is wrong with that chicken? It's like a chicken and Colonel Sanders had too much medicine and did the monkey dance. He also knows how suspicious that restaurant name is. I can see it in his eyes. Also, on closer inspection, they may have gotten closer and that might actually read KLC. But I want to believe it's KLG so give me that.



So much fail in this picture. I mean, this isn't even really close but my eye kind of thought it was at first. Sneaky rip-off Adidas bag makers! I actually LOLed looking at this picture because it's so ridiculous. I would kill to see some muscle man strutting to the gym while carrying this. How tight?



I can just see the meeting in the conference room in China. "What letter closely resembles K that we can replace on this label?" "How about R?" "Great, no one will notice!" FAIL. Although R and K might be alphabet cousins, this does nothing to persuade me I need to buy this. But I did get a huge chortle out of it. There's even a website!
source

No comments: