Friday, August 29, 2008

tight people of the day: gladys knight and the pips



I just love Gladys and the Pips. First of all, how tight is the group name "The Pips?" I mean, who does that? Gladys is adorable as hell and doesn't put me off as a frontwoman. She makes me feel all calm and happy inside while her nifty little Pips dance and sing behind her using one microphone and a lot of awesome leg work. Now, I don't claim to be some Gladys Knight expert, but I do know this group hails from Hotlanta and sings some really great R&B and soul. Old school, son. I wish I could get the group from, like, 1967 to perform at my wedding. Could happen. Anything is possible if Sarah Palin was picked for a running mate. I digress.

Obvi, the biggest hit of this group's career was the beautiful and amazing "Midnight Train to Gerogia" which is still covered by drunk Texans in karaoke bars across the state. Haters to the left! This would definitely be my karaoke pick. I just want to wail on the "I'vegottago" part at the end. Also, who doesn't love pretending to be a train engineer on the "Woo woo!" part. So tight!

Gladys Knight and the Pips - Midnight Train to Georgia

No comments: