Friday, August 1, 2008

tight people of the day: buffalo springfield




I'm really drawn to the songwriting skills of Neil Young and Stephen Stills. So they are both in this band and that's pretty tight. Everyone knows Neil Young, like, duh, but Stephen Stills had some pretty delish songs. I can't say every single one is my favorite, but homeboy knew how to write. Buffalo Springfield didn't stay together too long, but long enough to produce some music that I still like to listen to on a nice sunsetty evening. "I Am A Child" was one of the first songs I learned on the autoharp. I LIKE A CHALLENGE. Actually, it's super easy and basic but a monkey can play the autoharp so I don't know why I'm bragging.

Anyway, I like the softer side of Buffalo Springfield, so I hope you enjoy these songs. Also, for a tasty tidbit, Jim Messina was also in Buff Spring, later to be known as the co-king of soft rock with Kenny Loggins. YES, that Messina. Tight.

Buffalo Springfield - I Am A Child

Buffalo Springfield - Kind Woman

No comments: