Thursday, August 21, 2008

something old i like #7: cher



Now, I don't mean to criticize Cher with my above title. Homegirl is 62 years young, after all! But the Cher I love is from the past. I mean, as most of you know, I definitely just saw Cher in a live Las Vegas show that was over the top ridic, but I have a soft spot for sixties and seventies Cher. So here are some of the things I love about Cher, who has inspired a million drag queen outfits.



1. Her Hair
No one has better hair than Cher. These days Paris Hilton has her nasty Fraggle extensions, but back in the day, Cher was holding it down for all natural, straight, parted-in-the-middle hair. I bet girls all over America tried to lay their heads on ironing boards to get this look. I'm obsessed with seventies Cher hair! Although it must have been really super hot. I was Cher for Halloween in 2003 and I definitely had a nasty black wig that I sat on numerous times. That was so tight.



2. Her Ever-Changing Yet Preserved Face
Cher is a plastic surgery freak, but I respect her for it, for some reason. I mean, she has a hot mess look, but she has managed to tweak her face slowly and over time. She looks completely different than she did when she first arrived on the scene, and most definitely has a wax face these days, but she's CHER. So who cares? The eyelid area bothers me a bit though.



3. The Time She Wore That



4. Mermaids
Oh, I'm sorry, you haven't seen the great American classic cinema slice that is Mermaids? Get off your ass and do it now. This movie sucks but it also so special to me. Cher and Bob Hoskins dating is about the best thing that can happen. Baby Christina Ricci scares with her eyes that bore into my soul. Worth it for Cher.

5. Cher and Sonny singing "It's the Little Things"
This clip was shown in its entirety on a giant IMAX screen at the Vegas show, which was a bit frustrating. But it's a pretty tight clip. I actually enjoy most Sonny and Cher songs.


No comments: