Tuesday, July 8, 2008

urban camouflage



I need to know if this is tight. Artist Desiree Palmen does these amazing fashions, called "urban camouflage." They are basically just clothes painted to blend in with the surroundings. She says her art is responding to a desire to disappear. Well, these certainly help with that if it's your goal. This is freaking me out/intriguing me big time. How long would the person have to stand there to make sure the outfit matches exactly? I want an outfit that matches the exact area where I stand when I'm on the overhead in my classroom. Like it would part of the white dry erase board, and the overhead, and my file cabinet. The kids would shit! I'm into this. There's some more at her site.


1 comment:

lp said...

i find this intriguing in a 'you have a lot of time on your hands, don't you?' sort of way.