Monday, July 21, 2008

tight person of the day: o.v. wright



This soul magician comes courtesy of iTunes. Yes, one day I was browsing through soul music and iTunes recommended this guy to me. Well, I took a chance and turns out, he's a baller. How does iTunes know me inside and out? It's like my secret boyfriend or something.

O.V. Wright is a Southern soul singer who just makes you feel good. His songs are simple and soulful and I really enjoy him. I was doing a little reading about O.V. and it turns out his birth name is Overton Vertis Wright. Whoa. O.V. started in gospel and turned out to be pretty good at it, before switching to secular music in 1964. The rest is history. He's a pretty underrated dude. I never read about him or see anything about him, but he's quite tight.

O.V. Wright - Born All Over

O.V. Wright - You're Gonna Make Me Cry

Here's O.V. in action. I love when singers are like, "Can I get a witness?" I want to run around screaming when that happens.



No comments: