Tuesday, July 22, 2008

tight person of the day: lee fields



At my 22nd birthday party, Gav handed me a burned CD that simply said "Mr. Lee Fields. Listen to track 9 first." Boy, am I glad I did! It was a track of Lee Fields talking about SOUL, and how we need to bring music BACK, and remember to really FEEL IT. So tight. So I'm going to dedicate this post to Gav for introducing me to Mr. Lee Fields and all the tightness that comes along with him. Lee Fields is the type of singer that leaves his guts on the microphone. I can hear every single emotion in his voice, and I really like that. It's very likely he could be crying actual tears in some recordings because he just sounds so sincere.

Now, it's basically enough to just know that Lee Fields is a huge baller, but I always like to include a little information about the Tight Person of the Day. However, he is shrouded in mystery. I do know that Lee has been recording and performing since the seventies, and has recently been featured on singles on the Daptone and Truth and Soul labels (SOME OF MY FAVORITE LABELS). He has recorded with Sharon Jones. That combination needs to be photographed, filmed, and shown to elementary school students. Daaaaaaang!

Lee Fields - Honey Dove

Lee Fields - Problems

1 comment:

cybulski said...

god bless lee fields. i am dying to see this guy on stage - can you imagine a sharon / lee fields duet live?