Monday, May 26, 2008

singin' in the rain clips




I love Singin' in the Rain. It's in my top five. I was going to post all about the movie, but I kept finding YouTube clips I wanted to post instead. Here are some of my favorites from the movie.

"Good Morning" (not the Kanye song HAHA)

I would give anything to be Debbie Reynolds in this clip. How insanely choreographed is this dancing? It's so tight. I love it. Also, it's just a really classic song that makes me feel good.





"Beautiful Girl"

I love the fact that a fashion show was worked into this movie. I love the guy's narration so much. The way he practically screams "DYE IT." In fact, this might be one of my favorite sequences only because it's like a dog whistle to me. I will drop whatever I'm doing to watch this, such a dog will respond to a whistle sound that our ears cannot interpret. Some of those girls are really struggling to stay frozen which gets my goat.






"You Were Meant For Me"

This is a really great love song. I like the way they use the props so dramatically. I think Gene Kelly was a pretty big a-hole in real life, but in this song I really love him. This song needs to be played at any proposal, wedding dance, or first kiss. If is isn't, I'll be pissed.




1 comment:

Henri said...

classic. "goodmorning" is one of the best make you feel good songs of all time. I love it! Plus....is it weird that I can do most of the dance ?