Thursday, May 29, 2008

loretta lynn - "one's on the way"




I love Loretta Lynn. She makes me feel happy. I think that Griff and Loretta are kindred spirits for some reason. T/F? Basically, she has this really great song called "One's on the Way" that was actually written by Shel Silverstein, and who doesn't love that? I love the way she sings this. I want you all to memorize the lyrics with me so we can belt it out the windows on a drive to P. Terry's. Is that tight? I'm sorry I posted another Muppets clip, but LL on the Muppet Show is too good to pass up AND I love those freaky baby Muppets. How scary are those?! Holy shit.


2 comments:

lesley said...

T

also, when she worked with sissy spacek for coal miner's daughter (everything comes full circle!!!akrej awlekrj !!), they practice songs standing in a HOTEL BATHTUB, and when sissy couldn't nail her vibrato, loretta told her, "aw, that's okay. i can't do it either. just hold the note and shake your fist in the air!"

there's a great bit about this on sissy's inside the actors studio, but i can't find a clip. there's this though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQl3PcFIcWw

Megan Hamilton said...

shel silverstein also wrote "a boy named sue".