Tuesday, April 29, 2008

tight person of the day: David Crosby

Photobucket

So David Crosby actually made one of my favorite albums of all time, as well as being in a little band called CSN, reborn as CSNY, and then hanging out with Graham Nash for some touring. I love this man. He's got a really good voice and a lack of brain cells to prove that he knows how to party. Also, he is kinda crazy and I like that. He sort of reminds me of that crazy homeless dude that would have the really good sign. In a good way. He's tight.

He started out in the Byrds, but then started to not show up to record. WTF? My thing is, if your one job is to rock out and play guitar and sing your ass off, why don't you show up for it? A ton of people would absolutely kill for that job. Well, don't worry, it's not like it really hurt him too much or anything. Then he was in CSN(Y) and they made some good shit. "Helplessly Hoping", anyone?

But the heavy hitter is 1971's If I Could Only Remember My Name. This is a wonderful album. I've said for years that my favorite song on this album, maybe of all time, is "Laughing." This is the best song ever for the porch. Imagine a nighttime with lots of starz, and some really good drinks, and maybe some Kettle Chips! Sometimes when I listen to this album I feel like someone is squeezing my brain dry. Kinda sick, but true. This is how we do it. Croz knew what was up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

So then, on top of all this cool stuff, the Croz does something only a crazy slut like Croz can do. He donates his damn sperm to Melissa Etheridge and helps conceive her two kids. This is a WTF situation to the 9,000th power. I mean, I remember when this was headline news. No one could understand this. I still don't, but let's face it, it makes him even tighter. He's kind of a baller for doing that.

Here's the song I was talking about earlier. Sorry I don't have the file to download, but check out this fan video.


No comments: