Friday, April 25, 2008

i got a benz i ain't even drove yet

Photobucket

Tonight, Chaps and Griff and Lesley and I saw Baby Mama. It was pretty tight. Then we parted ways because Thunderstorm 2k8 was about to hit. On the way home in the pouring rain, Chaps and I got into a semi-serious discussion about the elusive Bad Boy rapper Mase. He worked with Puff Daddy back in the day. Mostly Mase is to be commended because he says that PhD stands for Playa Hate Degree. Also, he sounds like he was just awoken by his nature sounds alarm clock at 5 am every time he raps. By that I mean, he sounds extremely sleepy. Only the great thinkers alongside them Mase is. So I did a little Mase research.

1. Mase is now a minister with an honorary theology degree. Tight! He goes by Dr. Mason Betha. Even tighter!
2. When I was reading about him online, I remembered that he did a song with that Welcome Back, Kotter theme song sample. What a baller.
3. He had feuds with Fabolous AND Ghostface Killah. Is this playa hard at work or what?

The bottom line is this. We want some more Mase. I mean, Puffy Diddy Daddy is all serious now and doing shit like A Raisin in the Sun (which I definitely watched and cried a little watching). So we can't count on Sean Daddy Combs Puff to bring him back. Mase, come back. Or I'll just listen to "Can't Nobody Hold Me Down" and do a ton of fake driving while I cry.

Author's note: The dance Puff does in this is my favorite thing. Why did I never notice how FLAT everyone is singing/rapping?

No comments: